Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"Waiting On" Wednesday: The Other Half


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted here, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


The Other Half
By Sarah Rayner

Publication Date: March 25

From Amazon:

Chloe, bright, hip and single, is a feature writer with ambitions to launch a magazine of her own. When she meets James, her potential new boss, she knows she shouldn't mix business with pleasure, but finds it impossible to resist.
 
Maggie appears to have it all.  She's beautiful, a talented writer, and has a gorgeous husband. But something's not quite right: his job as a magazine publisher is keeping him in the city until late most evenings, and some nights he doesn't come home at all...
 
Told in the alternating voices of the mistress and the wife, this story of an affair is a sharp, seductive take on modern love.
 
Who, if anyone, comes out unscathed?


What's your "waiting on" pick this week?

Want to participate? Grab the logo, post your own WoW entry on your blog, and leave your link below!

24 comments:

Rebecca said...

From the blurb I don't think this is one I would enjoy, but I do like the cover.

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds like my kind of read! Thanks....

Sweetest Ambrosia said...

Not my cup of tea (it would probably depress me to be honest) but I can see why one'd be interested. The cover is pretty. :)

My WoW

Anonymous said...

Hm not something I would normally look at but definitely could see the interest in it. Nice pick!

Anonymous said...

interesting premise... i probably wouldn't read it but i would love to read your review of this.

Sam's Book Basket said...

Oooh, this sounds so good! :D

See my pick for WoW here

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Not sure about this one for me, but hope you enjoy it Jill.

Kim@Time2Read said...

Great cover and the story sounds interesting, too!

Jen said...

Pretty cover!

Unknown said...

This book sounds painful. :D

Jacque said...

I'm not sure I would be into the cheating aspect, but I hope you enjoy it!!

Maria said...

Sounds like an interesting choice - sounds like it could be either eye opening or sad

Unknown said...

Nice pick! Thanks for sharing!

Shane @ItchingforBooks said...

Nice pick. Thanks for sharing :)

Happy Wednesday!

Anonymous said...

Sounds interesting, maybe not something i'd pick up myself, but if its brought to my attention, will probably check out :)

bermudaonion said...

I don't think anyone will remain unscathed from that!

Unknown said...

This sounds pretty good. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Hi,
and here it is:

http://woerterkatze.wordpress.com/2013/10/16/waiting-on-wednesday-sag-mir-wo-die-madchen-sind/

Bye

Wörterkatze

Unknown said...

I haven't heard of this one before but I really love the sound of it. I'm not usually one for cheating stories but this one definitely has me intrigued. I have One Moment, One Morning, another book by the same author, on my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie @ For the Love of Words

Jocie said...

Thank you! Love this :3

Em said...

Not really my thing...but thanks for sharing :-)

Beth said...

Thanks for hosting.

Rissi said...

This is always fun! Thanks for hosting it. :)

Unknown said...

That's very interesting that the story is told from those two perspectives. Talk about an emotional ride.